ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » FTP Plug in Node

FTP Plug in Node « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
ChrisW
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2001 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

Does anyone know of an FTP plug-in node, either input or output?

Maybe this is a request!

TIA
kolban
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2001 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Chris,
IBM makes freely available an FTP Send plugin which is currently only available for MQSI for NT. To find out more about this plugin including documentation and download, see the following:

http://www-4.ibm.com/software/ts/mqseries/txppacs/ia73.html
ChrisW
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2001 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

Thanks Neil - I hadn't spotted that one. That takes care of the outward. For inward I guess the best approach would be to write a program to carve up a file as appropriate and put the messages to a queue ready for an input node.
zpat
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2001 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

I don't think IBM should pay their developers the internal cash incentive (for node development) until the plug-in node is ported to AIX and Solaris as well as NT.

Incidentally IBM (UK) also offer an incentive to customers to develop plug-ins that can be released as support pacs - you can win a free trip to an IBM MQ conference.

Don't ask me for details - find an IBMer!

[ This Message was edited by: zpat on 2001-07-07 12:12 ]
kolban
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2001 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Hi ZPat,
The FTP plugin is NT only because we were able to leverage the FTP API that is inherent in the Windows (Win32 INET) operating system. We would love to have made this available on the other MQSI platforms but until we can either invest (the non-trivial) time to build an FTP client library in C or else re-use one that already exists (do you know of one), we decided that the Windows only release would be a useful initial step as it was relatively simple to achieve. For most of the other custom nodes that are available on the SupportPac web pages, most of these are already available on AIX and Solaris. Note that Solaris was more of a challenge because of its unusual 4 byte wide character type.

IBMers develop these nodes for a variety of reasons. In many cases, we visit a customer who has shown a great interest in our product but needs a custom component to progress. In some cases, these are developed for a fee and sometimes not. In most cases, they are then made generally available for free for everyone to benefit.

Neil

[ This Message was edited by: kolban on 2001-07-06 16:14 ]
zpat
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2001 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Well we have just spent a large fortune on P-series hardware for MQSI, so I not happy to see nodes that are Windows only - or those that given an impression of not being well-tested on UNIX!

However I am amazed at the cost of the P-series kit compared to the X-series so I am seriously considering Windows 2000 as a future MQSI production platform for that reason alone.

It's funny - the last time I dealt with RS/6000s was about six years ago, I expected some kind of progression - graphical interfaces on UNIX, cursor keys working on telnet, colour text displays -... but no - UNIX is still stuck in the stone age.. and the people who use it still think VI is some sort of editor...!

[ This Message was edited by: zpat on 2001-07-07 12:18 ]

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » FTP Plug in Node
Jump to: