ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Big MRM to XML

Big MRM to XML « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
WBI_user
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2001 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

I have a big MRM output with a few hundred fields which I need to convert to XML. I just feed the out terminal of the compute node which poroduce this big MRM message to the input of a second compute node ans perform a tree copy with :

SET "OutputRoot".Properties.MessageFormat = 'XML' ;

I got a big XML message as the output with this one statement.
The output big XML is like:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<MRM xmlns="www.mrmnames.net/DMPRK8G082001">
<MSG1>
<ST_DATA_2>ABCDE</ST_DATA_2>
<ST_DATA_1>1234567890</ST_DATA_1>
:
:
</MSG1>
</MRM>

But my customer wants me to select only 20 field out of the big XML and change this name of the tags. So I feed the output terminal of this 2nd compoute node which produce the big XML to the input terminal of a 3rd compute node and use the statement:

SET OutputRoot.XML.NEWTAG.DATA1=InputRoot.MRM.MSG1.ST_DATA_2;

However this result in an error saying the unexpected NULL is detected. In the trace
it shows failed to nevigate to path
InputRoot.MRM.MSG1.ST_DATA_2

I am a little confused. Does it mean that
SET "OutputRoot".Properties.MessageFormat = 'XML' will not build a message tree which can be passed to the next node ?

If that is the case, is there a way to avoid building MRM to XML ESQL for the several hundred field of my big MRM ?

Or is there a utility to help me to do that ?
bh
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2001 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Have you define your second message format in the MRM or do you want to use the generic XML parser ? Because, if it's the case, I think you'll have to had a RCD node (or had eSQL sentences in a compute node. From my point of view, in your node, you are still using a descriptin tree based on the MRM. Try using a trace node and see what's inside...
WBI_user
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2001 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

I specified MRM on the input side of the compute node only, nothing on the output side. and just use copy entire message and
SET "OutputRoot".Properties.MessageFormat = 'XML' ; to generate the big XML message. The XML tags are automatically set to the MRM field name.

I tried use RCD to reset it to XML. However when I check XML , it expects a begin XML tag and an end XML tag because the default XML parser expects well formed XML.

These big XML output is then feed to the next compute node where I use the
SET OutputRoot>XML...= InputRoot.XML...
to change the tag name on the 20 fields that cusotmer wants.

I think the XML message was just being build dynamically and no tree was built inside the node and hence the subsequent compute node encounters NULL.

I think , I have to go back and code SET OutputRoot.XML....for every field of my large MRM message.

Miriam Kaestner
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2001 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

If you need only 20 fields out of the large MRM msg, you could just simply use 1 compute node with "Copy msg headers only" and 20 statements like this:
SET OutputRoot.XML.NEWTAG.DATA1=InputRoot.MRM.MSG1.ST_DATA_2;

Don't forget for XML there must only be 1 root element - in this case, NEWTAG.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Big MRM to XML
Jump to: