ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Java / JMS » Message from Transmission Q

Message from Transmission Q « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
pmane
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2001 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

I am developing a banking application using MQ. Customer of my product want me to do account balance
Enquiry after every 30 min and send him a message for his account balance. Both my customer and my product reside on two different MQ servers. My product will create a account balance message every 30 min and put in the customers remote Q. So far so good , but he also want me to make sure that only the latest message will remain on his Q. Now I can not get old message using MQ Get from his remote Q and I can not delete any message from his Q. Also if his channel is down all the account balances will be accumulated at my end in my transmission Q . I can not also delete the message from transmission Q before putting the latest account balance . Can any one think of a solution where it should be effectively possible to make sure that only the latest account balance will be on customer Q ?

In short
1. Is it possible to detect that the remote machines channel is down or not ?
2. Is it possible to delete any message from transmission Q ?
3. Is it possible to delete any message from the remote Q ?

UpkarSharma
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

1. you can run MQSC commands to detect the Channel status by typing :
DISPLAY CHSTATUS(generic_channel_name)
2. You can delete the Messages from the transmission queue if it is get enabled.
3. You can not delete the messages from the Remote Queue Definition because only put is allowed on that. If Remote Q is the actual queue on which messages have reached u can definitely delete messages if it is again get enabled.
middlewareonline
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2001 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

You can look into these options

1. Priority. Increment the priority every time you put a new message. However, the range of priority is small so, you may have to recycle them frequently. Your code should look for higher priority items first for a given cust_id (may be a correlationId)

2. Your problem seems like more of Pub-Sub. One topic per Customer - balance of that customer. If you use proper option there will be always latest publish balance (only one record per topic).

Chris
Visit:
MiddlewareOnline.COM
pmane
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2001 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Thanks Upkar it really helped . I will try to make my transmission Q and remote Q get enabled .
Chris what you have suggested is also good but my customer wants me to make sure that Q has only one message with the latest balance. My customer has to delete all the low priority messages after he gets the highest priority , but he is quite lazy to do that. So I have to do some thing for him . The other option about the pub-Sub model is some thing interesting . I am rather new to this topic I will check it out. But thanks again for the help.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Java / JMS » Message from Transmission Q
Jump to: