ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Can a client connect to different Queue Managers in the same

Can a client connect to different Queue Managers in the same « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
rliang
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2001 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

I want to write a program in VB to check the channels status, the channels could be in different Queue Manager (in Win2k same machine), my question is how can i connect to different queue manager in my program as the queue managers are listening to different ports ? What is the best way to do this task

Ray
kolban
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2001 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Ray, in VB, you have a choice of APIs to use to connect to a queue manager. Either the MQI API or the COM objects. Which are you using?
rliang
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2001 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

kolban

I tried both API and ActiveX com interface. Connecting to the Queue manager relies on the environment variable MQSERVER's setting, I try to set it to the different values related to the different Queue manager on the fly by using Win32 API befor I call the MQCONN, it didnot works.

Ray
Cliff
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2001 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

A client can only connect to one queue manager at a time, and using the MQSERVER is only one way of controlling the connection. Another is to use the MQCHLLIB environment variable to specify the filepath of the channel table for the queue manager you want to connect to. The channel table can hold entries for more than one queue manager, but I've never found this convenient.

How about holding the filepaths of your channel tables in a .INI file, and using a Win32 API call from your VB app to set MQCHLLIB before issuing the MQCONN call? You would have to disconnect before trying to connect to a different queue manager, of course.

Hope this helps,

Cliff

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Can a client connect to different Queue Managers in the same
Jump to: