ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ API Support » Cannot pass IP address to queue manager with C++ in MQClient

Cannot pass IP address to queue manager with C++ in MQClient « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
ClientBH
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
is there any way to specify transport type, IP address, etc... to a queue manager using MQSeries Client C++ classes API? (Windows NT 4.0)
The only way that I've found is using the C function MQCONNX, specifying a MQCNO structure.
Please, note that MQSeries V5.1 does not support the ImqChannel class.
So, with MQClient V5.1 I have only two ways to specify the Queue manager details (IP, transport protocol, etc...):
1) using the environment variables to point to an specific AMQCLCHL.TAB table (this way I cannot make my application configurable by an INI file).
2) using the C function MQCONNX, passing to it an MQCNO function.

PLEASE, TELL ME IF THERE IS ANOTHER WAY
Thank you very much.
bower5932
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

I'd strongly suggest that you consider moving to the 5.2 code. It will give you the features that you want.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ API Support » Cannot pass IP address to queue manager with C++ in MQClient
Jump to: