ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Telemetry / Low Latency Messaging / Everyplace » Windows Mobile 5 / MQe connect to WMQ 5.3 server on xp

Windows Mobile 5 / MQe connect to WMQ 5.3 server on xp « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
webspherical
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Windows Mobile 5 / MQe connect to WMQ 5.3 server on xp Reply with quote

Acolyte

WIll MQe work with Windows Mobile 5? the PDA is an hp ipaq hx2495. I have MQ 5.3 server on my workstation, and I would like to experiment with sending messages from my new PDA to a qmgr on my xp workstation. Is this possible?

thanks
WBI_user
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

I think MQe works with WIN CE 4.1. I also have it working on pocketpc2003. Not familiar with mobile 5. You can also use Java. YOu can go to the MQe homepage to find out what jvm it supports. I used J9 JVM before.
webspherical
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

thanks, what jvm is on your pda?

Does WMe install a jvm?

I would like to test a simple "hello world" before trying anything, then get MQe running, any suggestions??

I have heard there is a Jeode jvm, or a IBM J9 jvm? will they work on Win Mobile 5 which i guess is really Win CCE5?
WBI_user
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

This what I did whern first started on my windows XP machine
1. Download and install the trial version of MQe from IBM
2. Download and install the MQe server support supportpac from IBM. This is optional if you have a physical pocketPC to test your Java program. I do not have a physical PPC, so I tested my Java program on my Window machine. I found the MQe-explorer that is included in the supportpac very useful for checking my test results.
3. Get a copy of the Microsoft EVC. I think you can still get it for free from MS. If you want to develop in C.
4. There are many examples in the MQe directory. You will see it both for C and Java. Under java/example or C/example folder, there is actually a " Hello world" program.
5.Compile it under EVC or Java compiler of your chose
6.Test it under the pocketPC emulator that comes with EVC or a physical PocketPC.
7. I then gave my tested program to someone who has a PPC to ensure that my program works.

I hope this helps

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Telemetry / Low Latency Messaging / Everyplace » Windows Mobile 5 / MQe connect to WMQ 5.3 server on xp
Jump to: