ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Workflow Engines - IBM MQ Workflow & Business Process Choreographer » Can't start workflow service

Can't start workflow service « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
louisa.p
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2001 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

I have followed the installation guide for Workflow 3.3. I have currently installed DB2 7.1, MQSeries v5.2.1, and MQSeries Workflow 3.3. I have finished the FMC configuration. It created a new service MQSeries Workflow 3.3 - FMC but cannot be started. When I try to start it manually, the following error reported.

MQSeries Workflow 3.3 Error Report

Report creation = 9/4/2001 10:20:56 AM
Related message = FMC31050E An error has occurred which has terminated processing.

Error location = File=e:v330srcfmcrrstx.cxx, Line=614, Function=FmcRRSTx::BeginGlobTx()
Error data = FmcTransXException, ReturnCode=2195

Anyone has a hint of what happened?
Thanks in advance.
jmac
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2001 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Louisa:

I am not familiar with this particular return code. In fact I can not find a return code of 2195 documented for MQWF. My guess ( based on Error data = FmcTransXException, ReturnCode=2195 ) is that this is some type of MQSeries return code. Since it appears that this is happening when a global txn is beginning. Is there any other information in the fmcerr.log or fmcsys.log?

Also... If you have access to the IBM forum, post this question there. One of the developers could probably pinpoint the problem.

Good Luck

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
louisa.p
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2001 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

John:
Thanks for your response. I actually have a question on connection to DB2 from MQSeries workflow. What is the UserID and Password that I should provide in Workflow? For example, if I have connected to db2 with userid db2admin with password 12345, then should I just use those as userid and password in MQSeries workflow? I have a feeling that i didn't properly setup the configuration; however, i really don't know what is it that went wrong, how can i tell?
I have used the fmczchk and looked at the log file. It says no error after I run it. Do you have any more hints?

Thanks,
Louisa
jmac
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2001 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Louisa:

In my normal environment (Windows NT/2K), I normally do the following during an install:
1. Change the default NT User Administrator to ADMIN.
2. Install DB2 under this id.
3. Install MQSeries under this id.
4. Install MQWF under this id.

Then when you do the configuration of MQWF and it needs userid/pw for DB2 you simply give it admin and whatever the pw is.

If you install like this you should not have any problems. MQWF default user is admin with password of 'password'.

If you are in one of the UNIX environments, it is considerably more complicated based on the permissions, but if you have the MQWF V3.3 installation manual that should guide you thru it.

If you can tell me a little more about your environment, perhaps that would help me understand where you are stuck.

Good luck.

MQSeries Workflow

[ This Message was edited by: jmac on 2001-09-06 17:06 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
louisa.p
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

John:

The following is how I installed the MQWF in Windows 2000.

1.) I have created an account which is under the administration group.
2.) Installed DB2 7.1 v2.0.2 under the new account. When I configure this DB2, I entered the new account user ID and password.
3.) Installed MQSeries server v.5.2.1. I didn't make any modification in the MQSeries Defaul Configuration Wizard. Do I need to?
4.) Installed MQ Workflow 3.3. I configured MQ using mostly the default settings. Therefore, Runtime database I created a new database called FMCDB and connect to DB2 with the same account as I logged on (same for buildtime database). Queue Manager, I leave it to defult with my computer name and port 5010. For Java Corba Agent, I leave it to defult with local binding as well.

Any hints on what went wrong??

Thanks for all your help.

Louisa
jmac
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Louisa:

It doesn't seem to me like you did anything incorrect. One thing you might consider, is posting your problem to the IBM forum if you have access. There, you will get input from the developers. I think I saw somehwere that your fmczchk -d output was showing 0 errors right? If not send me the output and I will see if I see anything else wierd.

Have a great weekend

louisa.p
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

John:
I really don't know what went wrong with my configuration? As you expected, I get no error in the fmczchk -d. Do you know how I can check to see if the queue manager FMCQM is running? How can I make sure that I can connect to the runtime database FMCDB.
In addition, please let me ask you some basic questions regarding the API calls in MQWF. If I want to use my own application as the GUI interface instead of the Buildtime, is this possible?? If so, how can I import the business process information in my own GUI to the server or the db?

Thanks for your help.
Louisa
jmac
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2001 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Louisa:

1) If you are on windows you probably installed MQSeries Explorer during MQ Series install. Fire it up and you will be able to check on FMCQM.

2) You can do the same for DB2 using the DB2 control center.

3) It would be quite difficult to use MQWF without using the Buildtime component. It could be done, but you would need to build your FDL to be syntactically correct, then use the fmcibie command to import int runtime. There are NO APIs that allow you to access the Buildtime database... ALL MQWF APIs are against runtime db only.

louisa.p
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

John:
Thanks for your information on the API funcions. It's really helpful. I'm now going to try the installation everything again on a clean machine. I'm thinking if you have a reference of a very detailed online installation guide that i can follow?? I really don't know what has went wrong on my installation. Hope that I'll get it working with a clean machine with only Windows 2000 on it.

Louisa
jmac
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Louisa:

In my previous post I gave my normal method of install. The thing that I do that makes it easier for the install is I modify the default user from Administrator to Admin. Then simply install all 3 products +required CSD's taking the defaults and you should not have a problem.

lillo
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2001 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Louisa:

Do your user has a password with more than eight character? I don´t know why, but there is a limitation with password length.

I hope this will be helpful for you.

Lillo

[ This Message was edited by: lillo on 2001-09-19 05:09 ]

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Workflow Engines - IBM MQ Workflow & Business Process Choreographer » Can't start workflow service
Jump to: