ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Question on DTD generated by MQSI

Question on DTD generated by MQSI « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
AlexeiSkate
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 6:58 am    Post subject: Question on DTD generated by MQSI Reply with quote

Centurion

Let say I used MQSI to define a message layout for an incoming message with the following elements:
MyMessage
BBFY String
Fund String

When I use MQSI to generate a dtd for the message, I would get something like this for the element BBFY:

<!ELEMENT BBFY (%STRING;)>
<!ATTLIST BBFY
Dt NMTOKENS #FIXED "STRING"
MrmId CDATA #FIXED "100006">

My questions are
1) Where did the atrributes Dt and MrmId come from ? Are these automatcially generated by MQSI for each element ?

2) Why are those two attributes assigned a fixed string value ? If my BBFY is coming in as '2002', is the value going to be overwritten by either "STRING" or "100006" ?

3) If I want to assign a default value to BBFY, do I then need to define an attribute for BBFY ?

Thanks for any input.
CodeCraft
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

100006 is the component id for BBFY used as a key (along with the project) for the various components in the MRM database tables.

I can't answer the other questions directly, would probably need to see your message set to tie the DTD output to the actual message definition.

I guess the wider questions is, what are you trying to get from using the DTD, what do you think it will do for you?

The attribute list for BBFY should be describing properties of BBFY and perhaps it's relationship with it's parent type as defined in the MRM model. If you look at the XML in an "mrp" file for the set, you will see many more of these, and it may help tie them up logically for you.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Question on DTD generated by MQSI
Jump to: