ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » using MQSI control center behind firewall....URGENT

using MQSI control center behind firewall....URGENT « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
amigupta1978
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi,
I have a following scenario. I have three PCs. PC1 holds the control center of the MQSI. BUt it cant directly access the machine PC3 which holds the configuration manager of MQSI (because of a firewall i.e IP of PC3 is not visible on PC1). But we have another machine which is under same firewall as where PC3 is (i.e PC2 is accessible both from PC1 and PC3)
.................................|
PC1 --------------> PC2 ---------------> PC3
(MQSI control center) |............................ (MQSI configuration manager)
.................................|
..............................firewall)
PLACE 1.............................PLACE 2

All the three machines have the MQ Queuemanagers installed. In this type of a scenario can I connect to PC3 configuration manager.
I tried using by creating the transmission queue named PC3's queuemanager on PC2 and PC1 and try to direct the request thru it, but it failed. (I even created the System.BKR.CONFIG server connection channel on PC2 but no luck).

Can we in any way use PC1's control center to talk to PC3 config manager??

Thanks and Regards,
Amit

[ This Message was edited by: amigupta1978 on 2002-05-03 03:17 ]

[ This Message was edited by: amigupta1978 on 2002-05-03 03:19 ]

[ This Message was edited by: amigupta1978 on 2002-05-03 03:21 ]
ssteijn
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had almost the same situation here. We opened the correct ports at the firewall and that worked.
I hope this solution is suitable for you to.

Grtz
Stefan
amigupta1978
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi,
Thnx for the reply but we cant open other ports (since client is not ready due to some restrictions of their own). We are working at client site and we want to just see the possibility that is it possible that our offshore team could also connect to MQSI configuration manager, using the configuration which I have shown. I am not sure whether this can be achieved or not.

Regards,
Amit
CodeCraft
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

I can't answer this directly, I suggest raising a PMR for investigation. However, if you cannot allow access to the relevant ports for a CC to connect to the CM, I doubt you will get this to work.

I suggest considering some alternative, like using something like PC Anywhere to get in past the firewall, so effectively the CC will be talking to a locally available CM, and no through the firewall. Of course, whatever you use to dial up, or connect, still has to be allowed come through the firewall ...
CodeCraft
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

Another option, for instance, if you want to develop flows, is to take regular copies/exports of the CM data, create flows against it using your own CC/CM repositores, test them, and then when on the client site again, import them into the clients CM.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » using MQSI control center behind firewall....URGENT
Jump to: