ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » SCA Node Configuration

SCA Node Configuration « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mnoohu
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: SCA Node Configuration Reply with quote

Dear experts,

I’m trying to create a WMB application with SCA Asynchronous Request node to invoke a SCA service deployed in WAS. The bindings configured in SCA service is JMS. The SCA project was created in Rational Software Architect. The issue I’m experiencing now to generate a broker SCA definition in WMB tool kit. Here are the steps I followed:

1. Created an empty message set in WMB workspace
2. Right clicked on empty message set and selected new->message definition from file->SCA import or export and selected archive from outside workspace. Here I selected the SCA archive file exported from RAD (SCA project zip file) and clicked next to select SCA import or export component. But the selected SCA project zip doesn’t display any component and Finish button is also disabled.

Can you please help in this to figure out the issue.

The work environments are:

WMB8 Toolkit 8.0.0.1
Rational Software Architect 8.5

Thanks in advance
lancelotlinc
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

First off, update your toolkit and runtime to 8.0.0.2 at least. Too many critical bugs in 8.0.0.1.

Quote:
Generate an inbound Broker SCA definition and export the .insca file to WebSphere Integration Developer. {note this is not a zip file}

You can put an instance of the SCAInput node into a message flow in either of the following ways:

Drag a Broker SCA definition with an extension of .insca from a message set onto the message flow editor canvas. If the .insca file contains only one-way operations, dragging a .insca file onto the canvas creates a SCAInput node. Otherwise, a pair of SCAInput and SCAReply nodes is created. If you use this method, many of the values for the properties of the node or nodes are supplied by the Broker SCA definition.

Drag an instance of the node from the node palette onto the canvas. You then configure the node by dragging a Broker SCA definition with an extension of .insca onto the node.

When you deployed and ran this sample, what were the results?

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmbhelp/v8r0m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.etools.mft.samples.scanodes.doc%2Fdoc%2Foverview.htm
mnoohu
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

My requirement is to invoke SCA service from WMB as an outbound. So for that, a broker SCA definition should be generated from message set. Here's where I'm experiencing problem to generate SCA definition from an SCA export component imported from Rational Software Architect.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmbhelp/v8r0m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.etools.mft.samples.scanodes.doc%2Fdoc%2Foverview.htm
lancelotlinc
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Quote:
On completion of the Generate Broker SCA Definition wizard, you have generated either a .insca or a .outsca Broker SCA definition that is stored in the SCA category under the message set project.

Notice that this file does not have a zip file extension.

Quote:
You can use the New Message Definition File wizard in the WebSphere® Message Broker Toolkit to export SCA import or SCA export components. You must export an SCA import or SCA export if the Broker SCA definition is to be used by WebSphere Integration Developer.

You must have completed the following task:
Message Sets: Generating a Broker SCA definition from a message set
Note: From Version 7.5 onwards, WebSphere Integration Developer has been renamed IBM® Integration Designer. Information in this topic that refers to WebSphere Integration Developer Version 7 is also applicable to IBM Integration Designer Version 7.5.

Again, your best bet is to try out the sample that comes with the toolkit.

Last edited by lancelotlinc on Tue May 28, 2013 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total
mqjeff
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

So, if you have defined and developed a SCA component in RAD/WID/whatever, and you wish to invoke it from broker, then you need to do the correct things to import the SCA definition into Broker, and then do the correct things to configure the correct SCA node to call the service.

In this case, broker is acting as a service consumer, not a service provider. So Broker needs to create message definitions from the service interface. This is the opposite of trying to create the service interface from message definitions!

As lancelotlinc says, examine very carefully the samples that come with the product.

And keep in mind at all times what you are actually trying to do, which is use Broker to consume a service.
mnoohu
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think toolkit sample would provide solution to my issue which is totally different. Of course I agree with your suggestions, but that would help me to understand how SCA works.

My problem is in generation of SCA definition(.outsca). The sample comes with already created SCA definition. The zip I meant was the SCA project archive exported as zip from RAD not the generated SCA definition.

I have another question need to clarify, can SCA MQ binding in WMB work with SCA JMS binding in WAS?
mqjeff
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

It sounds like the PI exported from WID is not a SCA Export definition.

Or it wasn't created properly.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmbhelp/v8r0m0/topic/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/bc34005_.htm says you need to export a PI file.
mnoohu
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no option to export SCA project as PI in Rational Software Architect tool(RAD). It has the option of exporting as SCA archive file which is nothing but .zip file.

In the provided link, its all about WID and WMB and not RAD and WMB
mqjeff
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Is it possible to actually deploy what you created in RSA as a real application into WAS?

The options you have for export may also change based on what view in RSA you are working on.

The WMB doc talks about WebSphere Integration Developer and says that is renamed to IBM Integration Developer as of version 7.5 of WID/IID. RSA is an entirely separate thing, that may or may not include the ID components as part of the base install. RAD again is also something that may or may not include ID.

A PI file is just a zip file with some separate format and some additional metadata. The fact that you're not seeing a component to select after you've chosen the zip file strongly says that the zip file is not the right thing.

Again, look at your RSA projects, and see what it takes to get it to create a SCA Export definition, and then to export that.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » SCA Node Configuration
Jump to: