ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Best approach for one to many scenario for SAP existing flow

Best approach for one to many scenario for SAP existing flow « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
kunal07
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Best approach for one to many scenario for SAP existing flow Reply with quote

Acolyte

i have a existing flow which is point to point in message flow, source information is coming from SAP RFC call , using SAP input node and it is mapping to desired format (using mapping node) and output goes to MQoutput node.
now i have modify the flow , in a way that depending on some specific values in RFC call values i have map the values and sent it to different application ( point to point to one to many) depending on the values filter.
so i wanted to ask that pub-sub is only way to this scenario or i can go with some other pattern as well like iterative discovery or something . i have do this scenario in WMB v8.
Please provide some suggestion on this.
kunal07
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

one RFC call will send the data to Broker and based on specific value i have to filter the messages and place send them to respective Queue.
mapa
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

You could have a look at the WMB Pattern "Data distribution SAP to WebSphere MQ: one-way (for IDoc) pattern" that is included in the WMBT7 and WMBT8.

Also if you do have an inbound SAP adapter it will generate a subflow for you with built-in routing (one output terminal per IDOC type) that you could use as a start.

We use this approach today but will for the next project switch to pub/sub instead, but nevertheless the first flow is just SAPInput -> routing -> WMQ and then there is one flow per IDOC type (we currently don't need to look into the control record for partner info since we use different partner profiles and RFC destinations for that instead and to that type of routing in the second step.)
kunal07
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hey thanks for reply,

as you said you will be using pub-sub for your SAP. as of now actually currently i have 3 different flows and now i merge them into one.
one RFC module will send the data to Broker and based on partner ID we need to separate the individual messages and place them in respective Queue.
i am new to this pub-sub , can you provide some more details how i can do for my case.
mapa
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Well, you could start with just a simple routing flow that does the routing to get it working and then improve it later if needed.

Maybe that is good enough in your case?

And as I said, try this pattern "Data distribution SAP to WebSphere MQ: one-way (for IDoc) pattern" and once you get it working you can just replace the sending to a destination list with a publication node and adjust the code to set the topic instead.

Then in your case you actually need to know the data (or maybe only the IDOC control record) and then do additional routing for partner profile based on that but at that point it is standard content based routing and not SAP specific.
kunal07
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Thanks Mapa for explaining in details,
i got some update from Client that Source message that is coming out from SAP is not in IDOC , message domain is dataobject. will this make any difference in flow.
mapa
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Well, the SAP Adapter produces a message payload that belongs to the DataObject parser (which is like XMLNSC).

The data produced is either a fully parsed IDOC (or BAPI) with all fields as xml (well, once again DataObject) or as a generic pass-through document with the IDOC as hex-binary that can later be parsed by an mq inputnode. It also contains a few meta data fields like IdocType.

Create a pattern instance of the pattern I already recommended twice and have a look at the flows and message sets that gets created.

If you need to learn more there is an IBM Redbook on the subject:
WebSphere Message Broker V7.0 Integration with WebSphere Adapter for SAP Software
mapa
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

I just noticed that in WMB8 you can in the inbound adapter configuration for ALE pass-through IDOCs now check an option to let it parse and populate the ControlRecord.
Then you can more easily do your partner specific routing from the beginning (or publishing) and not only on IDOC type.
kunal07
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

hey thanks , i will try the pattern.
i just want to one more thing about Publish flow, as in my case it is SAP adapter,
so can i use SAP input node in my publish flow, like

SAP I/P node--->Compute Node--->Publish Node

in compute node -- i have to segregate the input message by RFC name, Partner ID and Message Type and Then publish onto the topic.
Plz give any thought on this , is my thinking is in right direction...can i do like this...
mapa
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

I think that is a valid approach.
That is exactly how I will redesign our flows from the inbound adapter since then I don't have to update the passhtrough adapter if IDOCs are changed or new ones are added. In our case that is a separate RAD Broker located near the SAP servers.
kunal07
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

thanks a lot for quick responses
kunal07
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hey Mappa I wanted to ask something more in this thread.
like i said in my publish flow, i have SAP input node.
how i do copy message headers thru SAP input node. i know how to do when it is MQinput node, is there will be any difference in this
mapa
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

No difference except that the SAPInput node doesn't populate messageheaders. Before switching to passhtrough I had to add a MQMD with correct ccsid since otherwise the message got the default from the queuemanager when the MQOutput node put the message on the queue.

I haven't verified yet if I will get any problems with charsets with the new solution.
kunal07
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hi Mapa..thanks for info again.

Pub/Sub flow is working fine now.
In this same thread now after my subscription flow, i have to build a new flow that consumes messages from output queue of subscribtion flow and process and update database using a Web Service. i am using Message Broker V8 and Databease is Mysql.
can you suggest me what node/flow i have to use for mysql database update using webservice.
Please reply
thanks in advance
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

kunal07 wrote:
Hi Mapa..thanks for info again.

Pub/Sub flow is working fine now.
In this same thread now after my subscription flow, i have to build a new flow that consumes messages from output queue of subscribtion flow and process and update database using a Web Service. i am using Message Broker V8 and Databease is Mysql.
can you suggest me what node/flow i have to use for mysql database update using webservice.
Please reply
thanks in advance

Obviously a web service call, which ever way the web service in question will accept it.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Best approach for one to many scenario for SAP existing flow
Jump to: