ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » how to remove the error code 2033

how to remove the error code 2033 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
RatheeshKulavil
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:26 am    Post subject: how to remove the error code 2033 Reply with quote

Hi All,

i am new to the mq,i have one doubt

Actually i want to suppress the 2033 code,i know 2033 means there is no data in q.but my application is real time application ,so when ever ther is no data in q .i am getting this message.since it consumes lots of space
we need to supress it.please help me.
exerk
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

What do you mean by "...since it consumes lots of space..."? Space where? In your application log? If so, that's your problem, there's nothing that can be done with WMQ to suppress it.
Mr Butcher
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padawan

i don't know how to help, but ithink i know his problem (as our developers reported something similiar) .

He is probably running a java application and is getting this in stderr every time his mqget hits an empty queue

:MQJE001: Completion Code 2, Reason 2033
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

There are posts in the MQ Java forum that include this problem and a solution.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Take a look at ReasonCode 2033 in the manuals. It means that no message is available - different from queue is empty.

It is possible to receive a 2033 when the queue is empty. But it is also possible that the app did not initialize the MsgId and/or CorrelId fields in the mqmd after the last get attempt and before the next get attempt. In this case, the qmgr attempts to find a specific message in the queue; and not finding a message that matches MsgId/CorrelId, 2033 is returned to the app.
gbaddeley
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: how to remove the error code 2033 Reply with quote

Jedi

RatheeshKulavil wrote:
Hi All,

i am new to the mq,i have one doubt

Actually i want to suppress the 2033 code,i know 2033 means there is no data in q.but my application is real time application ,so when ever ther is no data in q .i am getting this message.since it consumes lots of space
we need to supress it.please help me.

I don't think you want to suppress 2033, you need to handle it correctly in the code, and understand what it really means.

There are two basic scenaris for 2033 returned by MQGET:

1) Waiting for a reply message from another app that did not arrive within the specified Wait Interval (typically 10 - 60 seconds). The app should report the error as a failed transaction.

2) Waiting for a request message to process. Normally the Wait Interval is specified as Unlimited, so that the app sits on the blocking MQGET until a message arrives and it has work to do. If the Wait Interval is finite, the MQGET will return a 2033, and the app should a) loop around to MQGET again, b) do some other work and go back to the MQGET later on, c) Consider changing the Wait Interval to Unlimited.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » how to remove the error code 2033
Jump to: